This is by no means a craft that I made up. In fact, Clara did this almost fully one year ago at her friend Lucy’s house. But I think she had forgotten and she had a ton of fun doing it, so here are the directions. It is actually a minimally messy craft and has no handling of the paint if your kid doesn’t like getting dirty (ahem, Drew).
- cardboard box with top cut off
- Put paint into the cups, pick a color, and throw the marble in.
- Swirl the marble around until it is covered in paint.
- Place paper in the box and dump the painty marble in.
- Move the box around (aka experiment with gravity!) to get the paint all over.