We have just over a month left of summer! Can you believe that? Then my little girl is going off to real school every day… tear. We have been having so much fun and the girls have been exhausted to say the least almost every day. Here’s what we’ve done so far from our summer fun list:
- We camped out in the backyard with our cousins (there were many problems getting to sleep, but once everyone was asleep it went well).
- We made a water wall with the help of my fabulous brother-in-law, Andy (inspiration here).
- Clara is successfully riding her bike that Grandma and Grandpa got her for her birthday (albeit with training wheels).
- We have been to the zoo three times.
- We are halfway through our library’s summer reading program.
- We roasted marshmallows and hot dogs (over the bbq) during our backyard campout.
- We went to a fabulous concert in the park and danced our butts off.
- We have had two summer art play dates with four more to go!
- We have had a picnic almost every day this summer.
- We found a new playground that we adore!
- We have made popsicle. Our favorite recipes: are Strawberry Creamsicles and pureed, then frozen watermelon and strawberries.
- We had a fabulous time at YMCA Camp Silver Creek.
- We flew kites with friends at the park on Father’s Day.
- We have had quite a few fun hikes in the woods.
There are still quite a few things left on our list and I am hopeful to get to most all of them in the next month!